November 16, 2011

november rain




















I'm never taking this lens off my camera.


This is obviously a false statement, but I wish it didn't have to be.  I've never really used my Bronica Zenzanon 75mm f2.8 for "regular" shooting (it's the lens I used to make my tilt-shift, and I say "regular" because I guess there's always going to be some blur since the lens is not physically attached to the camera) but I'm about to start.  I went out with my pup this afternoon in search of the perfect "dull" photo (this week's theme word) and putzed around a bit in the yard without much success...the dog was pulling on my arm, making it REAL hard to compose/shoot a photo (especially with finicky focus/exposure) and I wasn't finding many compelling photo subjects.  I headed up the road and decided to try the woods across the street...best decision.  The light, rain (water droplets on everything!), killer lens and not-too-cold temperature made for a wonderful walk & some photos I really love.  Plus, my dog does really well off his leash in foresty settings (NOT SO in our yard/around the street) so I didn't have to bother with his leash as he trotted around.
Every time I put this lens on my camera, I love it, but then I take it off to do something else and it's a long time until I put it on again.  I need to stop that.  The thing is awesome.  I can take photos with dreamy bokeh all day long or I can tilt/shift it for different effects.  Now I kind of want to try portraits with it....

3 comments:

  1. Damn, these are rich with mystery. So autumnally lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so incredibly in love I want your tilt-shift lens, want it, need it, have to have it... Ugh! I'm so bad a DIY projects but this just has to happen, they are all SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me to make my own tilt-shift.
    GAH!
    I knew I had to do it sooner or later but that second photo, of the leaves, just proves it.
    Also - I love the name Finley. :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...