August 29, 2011

wine weekend



















This weekend, Evin came to visit and we drank a lot of wine.  Saturday the weather was terrible (Hurricane Irene making her way up the East Coast) and we couldn't think of anything to do, so we headed out to a couple of wineries we'd never visited before.  The first was neat because they offered food pairings with each wine, something I'd never done at a winery before.  On the way out, I ran around in the vines snapping photos of the grapes because I don't think I've ever seen them purple and ripe on the vine before!  We had dinner at home (steak!) and sat out the storm...a pretty boring night.  The next morning arrived bright and beautiful and you'd never have known a hurricane had happened, but while my ideal day included adopting a dog, we ended up having to help my dad move a bunch of dirty stuff around his shop and getting filthy in the process.  After we got cleaned up there was still a little bit of daylight left so we headed out to another winery with my parents to taste and sit in the sun.  It was wonderful!  All in all, my Sunday wasn't as ruined as I thought it was :)

*I am ALL kinds of excited to explore every winery I can this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...