August 24, 2011

battlefield


















One of my favorites, though it's out of focus (tried several more times, in focus, but this one still wins)










Too sunny!










This morning I got the chance to get out and do some portraits with Samantha!  We went out around 8 but our originally planned location fell through--I called and determined that the grounds are private, so probably not best for traipsing around with a camera.  We decided to head to a battlefield, which was a spur-of-the-moment plan B, but I think it turned out to be perfect!  We were alone there except for a bunch of tractors (which were pretty much in the way!) and someone moving hay bales in the field.  He basically left us alone (though he did offer to move some of the tractors, which was nice) and I think we were able to get a lot of really great shots!
This portrait thing is actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it :)  Thanks again, Samantha!

*All shot with my 50mm f1.8 and 70-300mm f4-5.6 lenses.  There was a bit of haze in some of the long zooms, but I liked the option to zoom without moving...overall though I think most of my favorites were taken with the 50mm.  Noted for the future!

1 comment:

  1. 50mm f1.8 is like my go to lens for everything, i hardly ever remove it!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...