February 27, 2012

blackberry sorbet

A few days ago when grabbing something out of the freezer in the garage, I saw a bag full of blackberries we picked back in July...I'd been meaning to make something with them (jelly or ice cream or something) but more than six months later, there they were...so Saturday morning, they became sorbet.
A recipe from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz was simple: 4 cups blackberries, 1 cup water, 2/3 cup sugar, and 2 tsp lemon juice.  That's it!  I ended up with this gorgeous, dark sorbet (both in the bowl and on my shirt) which tastes sooo summery...but I'm an ice cream (etc) fiend year round, so it's delicious in February too!


2 comments:

  1. Looks delish and such a simple recipe too! Must try this, thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous, a great addition to your food portfolio. And it looks so yummy! My mouth is totally watering.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...