July 24, 2011

fruit


























It's hot.
Really hot.  Too hot to be picking blueberries, but we did it anyway.  I'm so glad Evin was able to visit this weekend, but I'm not sure he was glad about being dragged to the berry farm.  Now that I have an ice cream maker, I'm wanting to try all kinds of fruit concoctions, and I've also been wanting to pick blueberries all summer.  Today was the day.
Blueberry picking is time consuming and not ideal for an incredibly steamy July day, but whatever.  We survived.  Four quarts of blueberries and four quarts of the most enormous blackberries I've ever seen (I've only ever picked the wild ones), $2.75 each.  Add a dozen brown eggs and a few zucchini/squash and you have a successful day at the farm!
I haven't put together a blueberry frozen-something yet (I guess it will be a sorbet?), but we did make peach ice cream last night/this morning (see last photo).  It was a bit warm to be out picking berries, but sitting on the deck with a bowl of cold, summery ice cream was just about perfect.

*I've got a handful of Polaroids from today that I'll put in a separate post once I feel like scanning them all!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty food and produce and fruit make me so happy.
    Also, that one shot of Evin through the tree is great! :D

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...