February 21, 2012

published!








Yay!  I finally got my hands on a copy of the early spring issue of Flavor magazine! Since I first found out about the magazine last summer, it's been a real treat to see each beautiful new issue...but this one I was particularly excited about, as a few of my own photos can be found on its pages! Here's how it happened--in the fall, I must have been browsing the gorgeous wine issue or something when I thought, "this is awesome.  I want to be part of this." I was trying to determine the possibility of making this dream a reality when one day at work, the publisher of the magazine walked in for lunch! My coworkers urged me to go over and introduce myself, which took every bit of nerve I possess (hello, walking up to someone during their meal??), but I did it. She gave me her email address and soon I was in contact with the magazine's director of photography (who shot that adorable cover photo above and is responsible for so many beautiful images in every issue). I was given the task of shooting a trial assignment--the Philip Carter Winery piece in this issue--and by chance ended up doing another shoot just days after (Waiting for Merlot).
I'm now working with Flavor on a few things, including blogging for them, a couple little writing assignments, and hopefully more photos in the future! I still can't believe it's happening...the magazine is 100% awesome.  It focuses on local food and wine and sustainable agriculture and it's just wonderful.  But don't take my word for it...if you're in the VA/DC/MD area, pick up a copy and subscribe if you can. I don't think you will regret it!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see a copy in person! I love the cork shot.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...