February 29, 2012

overdeveloped at home: part 1




















A few weeks ago I determined that I had exactly enough developer left to complete and process my remaining black and white film...IF I processed two rolls of 35mm at the same time.  However, the films weren't exactly identical...they were both Kentmere, but one was ISO 100 and the other 400.  The difference in developing times was only 30 seconds, so I took a shot at it.  This was the roll of ISO 100, which was supposed to be developed for 9 minutes in D76, while the ISO 400 would take 9.5 minutes.  As a result, this roll got slightly over-developed...I think that's the word for it.  It didn't turn out horribly, just a little more contrasty than the other roll (the one I shot with my Minolta, here and here) which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I'm not sure I'd choose this slow film again though...lots of camera shake going on in the indoor shots.
I shot these photos with my Nikon N80 and 85mm f1.8 and 50mm f1.8 lenses.  Other half of this roll of film to come soon...maybe Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Personally, this feels just right to me! The details are set off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great TTV pictures! I think they turned out really well, I had to go back after I read what you said and could only pick out a couple shots that look contrasty, not even bad, just not your normal style. I'm not sure that I have ever shot 100 ISO film before.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...