December 17, 2010

ireland between 12 and 24mm

After browsing Flickr for a bit this morning, I got to thinking about how I don't use my wide angle lens (that I got for Christmas last year) as much as I should anymore.  The times I've put it to the most use have been during my two big overseas voyages--Ireland last winter and France this past summer.  I think my rationale has been that I don't know if I'll ever get to visit those places again, so when I'm taking photos, I want to capture as much of the scene as possible--literally.  So, much to my neck's dismay (my Tokina is very heavy), my wide angle rarely leaves my camera.  I guess as with any lens, it takes a while to get the hang of shooting with it.  My Ireland photos, as a result, aren't the best (I got on the plane a short 2 days after finding the lens under the Christmas tree) but I'm working on it.  Here are a bunch of wide shots I've selected from the archives.

































All digital, taken with Nikon D80 and Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens
Other Ireland photos can be found in a special set on my Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. wowwwwww.
    you took all of these yourself?
    incredible!
    I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun to look through and I love your reason for shooting wide.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...