December 8, 2010

25 days of christmas: 7 and 8

Temperatures in Blacksburg haven't gotten above freezing in days.  As if that's not bad enough, the windchill has kept the "feels like" temperatures in the single digits.  Needless to say, walking outside has been unpleasant.  The wind we've all grown to hate around this place even lifts up the earflaps on my hat, rendering them useless.  It's not even technically winter yet and I'm miserably cold!
So, yesterday after class I decided to make a stop at Starbucks to do a little holiday shopping and grab something warm.  I only started trying coffee drinks this semester and have decided I enjoy a sweet White Chocolate Mocha from time to time...and for the holiday season, Starbucks has added peppermint to make a Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha (that's a mouthful isn't it?) so I tried that.  Quite tasty, but I don't even want to know how many calories are in it...anyway, the cute holiday cup and some candy canes I picked up at Walmart made for my 25 days of Christmas photo for yesterday.




Day 7

As for today, my Christmas spirit is in the socks I'm wearing.  I tried for a while to take a cute holiday photo of them (I took one last year that I liked)...

...but this year I couldn't seem to make it happen...






...so I think I like this for my 25 days of Christmas picture for the day...
Day 8?
...for a reason I don't understand.

All photos are digital, taken with Nikon D80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...