December 6, 2010

breil

I just spent a little time browsing Facebook photo albums from a particular day near the end of my study abroad experience this past summer.  It's certainly one thing to take, review, and share a batch of photos in quick succession, but it's quite another to go back through, revisit, and remember a particular collection of photos from a quite different chronological standpoint.  My trip to France was full of activity and photos, but I don't think I've ever taken the time to go back and re-appreciate the experience through the pictures I amassed (perhaps because of the sheer volume--over 5,000 total, I think?  I can hardly remember).  So, taking it bit by bit (day by day) seems like a much more reasonable endeavor.
Anyway, a few days before we got on the plane to come back home, my roommate for the month and I went on a side-trip with our trip advisor to a place called Breil Sur Roya.  We passed through it on the train on our way to the hike we did in the French Alps (Tende--there are plenty of photos from that trip too) and were told that it was a beautiful place, worthy of a visit.  While the majority of the rest of the students ventured to the Italian border to do some shopping, we got on the train to visit this small French town, to meet with someone to discuss future study abroad activities, and to bring our lunch with us up a short but steep hike on a peak to overlook the town.  The hike was tough since I'm never in shape for that sort of thing, but the view was worth it...
A village from the window of the train

From the train
Near the train station




Streets

The ascent


Village


The view

In the shade


Potted plants (have a special place in my heart)


Streets

Up


All digital, taken with Nikon D80

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to comment, but not sure if you are getting them. Anyway, I love this series and the way you are using this blog to review your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...