December 26, 2010

baby kaleigh

Yesterday, I finally got to meet my 7 month old second cousin and had the opportunity to take a few photos of her.  I'm trying to take more photos of people and I found out that babies are pretty fun to photograph.
A few of the photos are with my 87 year old grandmother who is growing frailer by the day.  The photos of her with the baby strike up a strong emotional response for me that makes them almost hard to look at, but at the same time, it's hard to look away.  Just something I've got to learn to deal with, I guess.
I converted the pictures to black and white partly as a result of the way I feel about the ones with my grandmother and partly because I think it enhances the photos by removing the distraction of rogue colors.  Many of the photos are noticeably grainy because I was shooting at a high ISO.  Even at f1.8 I had to crank up the sensitivity cause babies just don't want to sit still!








All taken with Nikon D80 and 35mm f1.8 lens

I hope everyone reading this (?) had a marvelous Christmas and I have plenty of blog posts up my sleeve that I'll be trying to get posted here in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...