April 23, 2012

nikki / vt class of 2012



   







   





I got to take a trip and visit my alma mater this weekend and take graduation photos of my long-time friend Nikki.  We met a long time ago on the softball field, way back in elementary school, and grew up playing on travel teams together (and sometimes against each other).  We had a blast playing Varsity softball in high school, and afterward we somehow both ended up at the wonderful college that is Virginia Tech.  When she contacted me a few months ago about coming down to do her graduation photos, I was all kinds of excited for the chance to visit!  We met up on campus Friday evening (which is a good thing, because the weekend weather turned sour...more on that later) and tried to hit all the signature places for Hokie photos (while working around Relay for Life, which brought tons of tents and people to the drillfield in the center of campus).
Nikki graduates in May with a double major AND a minor, and she somehow managed to fit all that, plus extracurriculars, into four years flat.  Girl, I always knew you were smart, but dang!  So proud, and biggest congratulations!! :)

Psst: there are more photos in Nikki's album on my Facebook page.  Check 'em out if you have a minute!

Oh, and PS...this was the first time I properly shot portraits with the 85mm lens I got for Christmas.  Safe to say that I LOVE it.  The 35mm did well too, portraying more casual shots I think.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I already said it once, but I will say it again, you did such a great job Karly! :) More portraits, I demand it!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...