January 19, 2012

things i love thursday



  • Lavender fields.  I was so bummed I didn't get to see any during my month in France, but have recently found out that there are several right here in Virginia!  Definitely visiting this summer.
  • Album art featuring cake.  I bought that record at the used book store last week solely for the cake on the cover, and later realized I bought The Rolling Stones' Let It Bleed for basically the same reason (though that one was partially for the music, too)
  • Window light...it truly makes for great photos.  Especially of food.  We all know this, of course, but having shot with my external flash for awhile, it was so nice to use window light again and end up with delicious-looking results :)
  • A clean space.  Yesterday I began to prepare houseroom for my beautiful new iMac that should be arriving today (provided someone is here to sign for it) and ended up doing a bit of serious cleaning in my room and bathroom...washed the windows, dusted the furniture, etc...it's still sort of a mess because I have too much cluttery lying around everywhere, but it sure is nice to be in a space that just feels cleaner than before.  Plus, Evin is visiting this weekend and it would be nice to have the place clean for a change!
  • Photos by Laina Briedis...every now and then I come across a photographer on Flickr whose work just makes me really happy.  Yesterday, it was this photo that led me to her page...it just happens to be of a place that I'd love to visit, and one of those photos that just makes you feel nostalgic and all that good stuff.
*this week's photos are already posted on chaque semaine...the theme is touch so if you're not already following Holly and I over there, check it out!

1 comment:

  1. did you see my tweet about the lavender festival? here's where it takes place: http://www.maisonbeliveau.com/ it would be so amazing if you came down and we went together!

    now off to check out this laina person on flickr, i always love new suggestions of people on there :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...