January 4, 2012

salsa




If I'm going to make food, I might as well practice shooting it, right?  Tonight was our employee Christmas party at work and everyone was supposed to bring something, so I decided to make some of my ~*famous*~ salsa (I call it that because a bunch of my friends at school really loved it and I've tried explaining the recipe to several people).  I'm actually pretty happy with these (very similar) window-lit photos...and have determined that for now, my go-to food photography lens will be my 35mm f1.8 for its close focus distance.
Anyway, this salsa is more like a list of ingredients than a recipe, because none of the amounts are precise at all...I use a large can of petite diced tomatoes, some diced onion (a half or a whole onion, depending on the size), one or two cloves of garlic (minced), part of a bunch of cilantro, finely chopped (today, about 1/3 of a bunch), a tablespoon or so of tomato paste (to make the salsa more sauce-y), some lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and some (drained) corn if I feel like it.  It makes a lot of salsa (I guess you could make less by using a smaller can of tomatoes...).

2 comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...