March 14, 2011

st. thomas: day 2 (part 1: from the deck)

Monday morning I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep.  A few hours later when I finally got out of bed, the sun still wasn't up and I felt like death (if you read my last post, you know that this is because I had a bit too much rum and not enough food the day before).  Evin and I sat on the deck anyway, basking in the warmth of the Caribbean, watching the sun come up over the mountains and the Carnival ship dock at the port.  Instead of feeling better, I continued to feel worse and eventually had to force down a cup of tea, some Emergen-C, and a piece of toast, which helped.  While recovering, I shot some tilt-shift photos off the deck (finally!  a high vantage point to make the lens do what it was made to do) before we put on our swimsuits and headed to the beach.  Of course, there are far too many photos from the beach to include in this post, and I've got some reading to do for class (blech!) so these few photos from the porch will have to do for now.  Slowly but surely I will share my trip--I promise! (and hopefully Blogger starts to cooperate again--I've been having issues with uploading photos and selecting more than one at a time to insert into the post.  When I start getting into longer posts, that's going to get really annoying!)















1 comment:

  1. amazing! i'm so jealous of your amazing trip, view, and tilt shift lens!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...