January 16, 2014

sparkly morning











This morning when I woke up and looked out the window, I was surprised by a light dusting of snow (the kind I really enjoy--when it sticks on the trees and plants).  I got excited and went out in the valley behind the house with Finley, snapping a few photos with my cell phone but the light was still very blue as the sun wasn't totally up yet.  With cold fingers, I came back inside and prepared my breakfast and before long, the sun was rising above the trees and beginning to sparkle off the trees and snow.  I pulled my boots back on and went back out to find the most beautiful, glittery, golden scene.  It truly doesn't take much snow to transform the landscape.  As much as I dislike winter, I am grateful for seasons and pretty little surprises like these.

1 comment:

  1. that first photo is amazing! you really captured all that sparkly goodness! love mornings like this :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...