January 13, 2014

applesauce











In the fall, I got a big box full of Pink Lady apples…one of my favorite types.  But, after eating many of them raw and baking a few apple desserts, I sort of let them alone in the basement.  The other day I realized they were on their last legs, so to speak, and decided to practice my canning skills while turning them into applesauce.  I love apples and think they're beautiful, so while following this recipe from The Pioneer Woman I decided to document the process.  
Below, my charming dog displays his affinity for getting directly in the way whenever I'm doing something dangerous or frustrating on the stove (while I'm still learning to can, I tend to get a little flustered trying to make everything perfect and move quickly).  He also loves to lay in this spot when we are trying to fry things on high heat on the stove.


1 comment:

  1. that's what dogs are for! i'd love to can but it scares the hell outta me.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...