November 1, 2013

harvest at linden vineyards




















This is the second time I have had the pleasure of photographing in the vines at Linden Vineyards.  Easily one of the best wineries in the state of Virginia, Evin and I love to visit and I was thrilled when the winemaker, Jim Law, asked me to come out and take some photos for him. My first shoot took place on an early sunny morning in August, while this one was quite different.  The fog was beautiful, the grapes were ripe, and the harvesters were doing their best to whisk the Petit Verdot berries off the vines before they had to sit in the damp weather any longer.
I have always, always wanted to photograph grape harvest so this was a dream come true.  I snapped away and took many photos--the above are ones that were culled from the final set.  I can't wait to visit again and hopefully taste these grapes in the bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...