May 12, 2014

poppies














Last week I was told that there was a field full of poppies in bloom about 10 miles from my house.  I took a different route home from work to check them out and was not disappointed!  Thousands of fragile red blooms swayed in the breeze and I snapped a bunch of photos.  The next evening I decided I'd like to photograph them during golden hour, so I hopped in the car and took a beautiful drive through the countryside.  When I arrived, there was no red to be seen.  I parked the car on the side of the road like I had the previous day and clambered up the bank to the field to spot thousands of green stalks topped with spent poppy pods and tiny dots of red here and there…the remaining blooms.  A lesson in photography and life…seize the day!  Some opportunities don't hang around waiting until you're ready to take them.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...