February 7, 2011

on photography


I came up with the concept for this drawing while trying to fall asleep some night last week.  In thinking about my photography and my style and the way I like to use my camera, this sort of thing made sense to me.  The idea of reaching through the camera to grab up everything in view, to pull it in through the lens and to save it via film or digital sensor just feels nice in my mind.  To photographically grab up the things I see and file them away to review later, to save everything while only touching the shutter button, allows me to keep memories in prints or computer files, to back them up in case my brain loses the visual tidbits.
I like photography.  I like to save things this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...