July 26, 2012
- my 50mm f1.4...it is SO glorious. I can't believe how different it is from the 50mm f1.8! I feel like a big girl now.
- Bright blue, crisp summer days that aren't suffocatingly hot (yesterday was one of them)
- Rainbow produce at the Farmers Market (nature sure comes up with some gorgeous color)
- Charles Jencks. Just click the link...
- Funnel cake and almost everything else about fairs/carnivals
July 23, 2012
I'm entertaining an idea. Earlier today, I found myself distraught over what to eat for lunch on any given day (I pack lunch for work, a task I despise, and usually end up with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every. single. day). I end up this way frequently...without ideas of something new to try, it's always back to the same old stand-bys. This has got to stop. Especially now...it's summer, season-of-plenty. Eating out is expensive. Cooking is not that hard and it's rewarding. So why don't I ever do it?
One reason is that I'm busy...I work all day during the week, work a second job two nights a week, play softball another night, and Friday-Sunday I'm with Evin. But that shouldn't mean I can't make time to whip something up...
And another thing...all winter long I kept pledging I was going to work on my food photography and get good at it. I bought a book, I was lent another stack of books, and I intended to comb through thrift stores looking for props...which, guess what? Never happened. Again-it's summer, ingredients are beautiful, it's light early in the morning til late at night...no more excuses! Shoot beautiful food!
So...my idea? A 365-esque project in food. I already know this is a tall order...hence the -ESQUE modifier. Somewhere in between a 52 weeks project and a 365. I just don't know what you call that. I think it would be really beneficial on a lot of levels...just haven't decided for sure yet!
July 20, 2012
July 19, 2012
- sweet corn
- asymmetrical trees
- always having wildflowers on the table
- our upcoming beach trip (absurdly excited)
- selling photos (thanks, friends!)
- Pottermore (Yes I'm 12. Just joined...username is PhoenixSnitch20354 if you, like I, are still a bit obsessed [and if you aren't and think my username is ridiculous, let it be known that there is no choosing it whatsoever, so you're stuck with what they give you])
July 15, 2012
July 11, 2012
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2011 (171)