May 24, 2012
- we depart for Ireland in exactly two weeks! AHHHH!!!
- long weekends like the one coming up...first swims at the lake?
- did-yuo-kno.tumblr.com...a blog that posts obviously false facts in Comic Sans and then entertains reblogs from people who think the blog owner is being serious. SO hysterical to me.
- the Lowepro Photo Sport 200AW...I bought one in orange (!) last week for our trip. I think it's going to be perfect...great storage for my DSLR with a big pocket for rain jacket, extra cameras O:-) and all the other daily essentials. Plus its bright color means I'll be harder to lose when I lag behind to take photos!
- tanlines. The high school me probably would have never said it, and I guess I'm still not fond of farmer's tans, but I'm working on some pretty neat sandal tanlines and all I have to say about that is YAY SUNSHINE!
May 18, 2012
May 17, 2012
- blueberry cobbler
- beautiful light
- working in the garden
- wooden crates that hold things like plants and fresh produce
- the first photo in this series by Julia Baier (couldn't get a direct link)
- rose colored lenses
- looking at medium format photos on new Flickr (w/ liquid view, which I am weary of because it makes photos that much bigger for stealing) on my glorious iMac screen...so mesmerizing
May 10, 2012
- tall grass, particularly blowing in the wind
- plant shopping
- feeling accomplished (especially when it involves getting my hands dirty in the yard!)
- a real horseback ride (Saturday after the Gold Cup, Evin and I went with my brother to his girlfriend's house, where several horses live, and we got to take a wonderful ride around pretty fields in beautiful afternoon weather. So much more awesome than a trail ride at a horseback riding place, and it was Evin's first time riding a horse so that's awesome, and I am all around very grateful and hope to do it again!)
- when Finley mostly behaves himself...it's been a long process and we're not there yet, but he is so much better than he was, behavior-wise, and that makes me very happy (and relieved) indeed
- medium format :) so happy to have my Yashica back!
- this video of animals talking
May 3, 2012
- kind strangers who will take the time to help a person in need
- my 85mm lens (see above)
- VSCO film (see above) :o)
- the smell of summer (specifically, honeysuckle, honey locust, grass)
- hairties from Mane Message (I can use the same elastic hairtie for months, so spending a little more on something cute and functional (isn't supposed to leave creases in hair or wrist) was ok with me)
- a weekend treat--I still haven't made the blog post yet, but Evin and I spent last weekend at The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond. It was FANCY. We aren't used to such deluxe hospitality and it was such a lovely treat!
- Eggs Jefferson, which we had during our Sunday brunch at the hotel...it's their version of Eggs Benedict, only served on a biscuit rather than an English muffin (gotta love southern food). I'd never had any sort of Eggs Benedict before but this was sooo tasty. Kinda want to make it this weekend!
- ▼ May (11)
- ► 2011 (171)