February 29, 2012
February 28, 2012
February 27, 2012
February 25, 2012
February 23, 2012
- Puffy vests. So perfect for late autumn, winter, and early spring walks...and I take a lot of walks nowadays (see third bullet point below)
- Sunny, freshly snow-covered mornings. Gorgeous light bouncing happily off all that sparkly new snow...perfection.
- How active my dog keeps me. In order to keep him manageable (read: worn out) I have to spend a lot of time outside doing things with him, walking, playing, etc....stuff I definitely wouldn't be doing by myself! Finley, as crazy as you make me sometimes, thanks for keeping me from spending too much time on my butt :)
- This happy dress. Total impulse buy at Target this weekend, oopsie. Can't wait to frolic around in it!
- Donuts, especially frosted ones...I miss Carol Lee! The grocery store variety in a plastic bag (above) tastes pretty good, but doesn't quite compare...
- Having a negative scanner! Being able to process my own black and white film and have my color film processed quickly and cheaply in town without messing with prints...I'm very excited about it.
February 16, 2012
- Bubbles. Seeing them float around (RELEVANT! This week's theme was "float") always makes me happy.
- Diner milkshakes in metal cups
- Erna and Hrefka: a project by Ariko Inaoka which photographically documents Icelandic twin girls, starting in 2009. So intriguing.
- Being published! I shot some photos for Flavor Magazine in December for the early spring issue and one article has found its way online already...excited blog post soon to come when I get my hands on a hard copy of the issue!
- how excited my dog gets when he hears the freezer door open...he LOVES to eat ice (and we love to give it to him...keeps him busy, doesn't make a mess, etc)
- bouquets of fresh flowers wrapped in newspaper...I can't WAIT for spring and summer and farmers markets! (here's a pretty photo of what I'm talking about)
February 9, 2012
- floppy books that can lay open on a table (above: Three Novels by F. Scott Fitzgerald--I'm reading Tender Is the Night at the moment)
- Shirley Temples...I have a serious sweet tooth, what can I say?
- 25 Animals Who Think They're People, via BuzzFeed...if you're having a bad day (or even if you're already having a good one), I dare you to follow the link and not smile.
- French braids...and most other kinds of braids
- Summer dreaming...so many reasons to be excited for warm weather (though I wouldn't say no to a snowstorm before winter's end)
- the possibility of an EPIC hike this weekend...fingers crossed!
February 8, 2012
I remembered I had these photos from a football game way back in fall 2009 and wondered how they'd look as a sequence. I dug them out (hoping I took four so I could have made a square collage, but there were only three) and scanned them...I might find a way to hang them on the wall (possibly enlarged) sometime in the future as a happy little reminder of college.
This football game was one of the best, if not the best, I attended at Virginia Tech, an edge-of-your-seat (who am I kidding...students don't sit) event against Nebraska that, if you can't tell, ended in victory for the Hokies!
February 2, 2012
- handcrafted waffle cones...words cannot describe their deliciousness
- artwork by Katie Daisy...so cheery and whimsical and inspiring! Here's her Etsy...I'll certainly be making purchases from her in the future :)
- bright, happy yellow...the teapot in which my Earl Grey was contained on Saturday at the tea room was the cheerfullest shade. I've never been a huge fan of the color yellow but at the moment it's my favorite!
- Peppermint patties...I was given a bag and can't stop eating them. I saw a recipe in one of my cookbooks for a homemade version (as an ice cream mix-in) so...that'll be happening sometime soon.
- images from the Hubble Telescope, which I found thanks to Orange Juice, Etc...they're available for download and I'm loving my new desktop background (which looks extra delightful on this iMac...just saying)
- pineapple and rum, or more specifically, Dole pineapple juice (in the big can) and Cruzan Aged Gold Rum. There is no more perfect combination of two substances...takes me straight back to St. Thomas and all happy summer days, even in the middle of winter. Deeee-LISH.
- overdeveloped at home: part 1
- first roll: minolta x700, part 2
- blackberry sorbet
- signs of spring
- first roll: minolta x700, part 1
- color film in february
- things i love thursday
- things i love thursday
- rushing the field
- in the morning
- tilt [things i love thursday]
- strawberry nutella crepes
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2011 (171)